Saturday, November 8, 2014

One More Month Until Xrd OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!






     In less than one month Guilty Gear Xrd will be released for JP PS3 and PS4 and needless to say I'm pretty hyped for it. It's a combination of a brand new series of a game I really enjoy and I'm playing a brand new character. Now not to get it twisted because I still enjoy +R a lot and I hope it can co-exist with Xrd, but it will have a big influx of newer players I get to play along with a comeback of OGs who decided to skip out on +R. At least, that's what I'm hoping for anyway.

     The only thing that I can potentially seeing my hype for Xrd is if I don't find myself enjoying Sin for one reason or another. He has just about everything that I'm looking for a character so I think it'll just come down to me adjusting to him and treating him as a new character not try and copy-paste everything from my Order Sol play. I already decided that since I'm not going to NEC this year because of work related issues and mandatory overtime that I'm just going to devote whatever free time I have during NEC to training mode Xrd and Sin. I already have a training regime of sorts to go through when I have access to the game -

- YRC 214HS
- YRC pole jump momentum
- Blockstrings
- Combo Theory
- Meter Management
- YRC Backdash
- Meaty DP shenanigans
- Mixups

     And that's only the tip of the iceberg. There's also a few character specific stuff I need to figure out like Ramlethat everything, dealing with Eddie unblockables, figuring out how Elphelt work...a lot of stuff actually. I probably won't even be touching online until the week after or whenever I feel comfortable enough to get MU exp with him...whichever comes first. Thankfully I don't have to worry too much about character familiarity since watching more than enough Xrd vids and playing GG 2 1/2 years prior I have a real good idea on their general gameplan since it hasn't changed drastically. It just comes down to me applying everything I already know with a brand new character that sort of got me feeling a bit worried.

     For the time being I'm just playing Vita and PSP games to hold me over like Freedom Wars and Tales of Hearts R next month. I'm having way too much fun with FW and ToHR I've been waiting for since they announce an ENG version of the game to come out. I just know that as soon as Xrd drops every other game is getting put on the back burner for the time being. I really wanna have a better track record for Xrd than I did for +R. Not to say it was terrible since I did win a few locals / monthlies, won a regional and placed 5th at Frosty Faustings a year ago...I just wished I could've placed higher at UFGTX where it probably would've meant a lot more to do well...despite a lot of the players there knowing how much better I got compared to last year. Oh well with Xrd being a new game and all I see it as a new start. Just gotta do what I've been doing and I'll get that breakthrough sooner or later.

Till next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment